- 2019 Commencement
- Roles based at Bomaderry, Woollamia & Ulladulla depots
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
HVTC Shoalhaven in conjunction with Host Employer Shoalhaven City Council is currently seeking Certificate II Civil Construction trainees to join their team of committed staff at their Bomaderry, Woollamia and Ulladulla depots in 2019.
About the Company
HVTC Shoalhaven is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees in the local region. We are well equipped to support the regions diverse range of industry.
HVTC, is Australia’s oldest Group Training Organisation (GTO) and one of the largest. HVTC is a not-for-profit organisation with an independent Board of Directors and operates from ten regional branches across NSW. The company has employed and trained more than 20,000 apprentices and trainees over the past 35 years.
HVTC Shoalhaven provides mentoring and support and are seeking committed applicants who possess an enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills.
About the Role
Civil Construction Traineeships are a fantastic opportunity for persons wishing to work within a civil and environmental field and formalise their on-the-job training with a Nationally Recognised Qualification.
The traineeship will provide the knowledge and skills to enable a person to undertake a range of activities in the various aspects of the Civil industry.
The successful applicant will have a desire and passion for this professional field and a commitment to undertake further studies; with full support and encouragement to develop skills to launch your career forward and gain practical experience in a well-established Customer Service environment.
If you are a highly motivated person wishing to commence a qualification and receive workplace training this could be the position for you.
During your traineeship you will undertake varied duties which may include, but not limited to;
- Constructing various community facilities e.g. roads and drainage systems
- Mowing, shovelling, whipper-snipping and general duties
- Earth works and operate plant equipment and machinery
- Ability to work in a dusty and noisy environment
- Carry out other duties that are within the limits of the employee’s skills, competence and ability as required by the Host.
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in the construction industry
- Passion for working outdoors and physically fit to perform manual tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to safety, quality and principles of continuous improvement
- WHS Construction Induction ( White Card) or willing to obtain
- Ability to demonstrate customer service values
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and develop own skills and knowledge
- Have the ability to plan and prioritise work to ensure tasks are completed within deadlines
- Commitment to the full term of the traineeship
- Manual Drivers Licence – P1 or above (Desirable)
- Formal and on the job training
- Nationally accredited qualifications recognised around Australia
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive a Certificate II Civil Construction
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, YOU MUST apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking ‘Jobs’ and selecting the relevant position. We are unable to consider your application if it is not received in this way.
All applications must be completed using a unique, individual email address. Applications using a shared or family email address unfortunately cannot be accepted.
The process will include several stages and may include submitting an online application, responding to email requests to undertake online testing, interviews, reference checking and pre-employment medicals. Timely response to emails and phone calls will enable us to move through the process in a timely manner. Applicants should regularly check the nominated email account and respond to missed phone calls and voicemail messages.
Applications close Sunday 6th January 2019.