At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants….in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family!
We are looking for a Production Supervisor who will grow at our Huntsville, TX growing media (Soil & Mulch) production facility. This person MUST be bilingual in Spanish and English.
If you enjoy leading a team of highly effective individuals in a fast-paced and high energy work environment then you will thrive as the Production Supervisor at our Huntsville, TX production facility. The Production Supervisor will have a considerable impact on the plant’s overall performance and customer relations of the company.
In this role you will:
- Supervise a workforce comprised of 20-30 hourly full-time, seasonal and temporary associates performing activities in one or more of the following are: production, equipment maintenance, building and grounds maintenance, warehouse, distribution, and/or field operations.
- Assign work and monitors progress, orients and trains associates, interviews and recommends hiring of applicants, evaluates associate work performance, counsels associates and/or implements disciplinary action, and establishes associate work schedules.
- Execute and enforce government, company and/or plant laws, procedures, and/or policies.
- Ensuring quality and quantity standards are achieved in a cost effective and efficient manner along with the availability of materials and supplies; problem solving quickly when things do not go according to plan.
- Communicate, implement and monitor safety programs and procedures.
- Foster a team environment and ensuring positive associate relations to maintain a union-free environment.
- Prepare and/or maintain various logs, records and reports, such as production, maintenance, inventory, etc.; may purchase supplies, parts and/or equipment; may assist in developing and monitoring the budget.
- Get your hands dirty by operating equipment side-by-side with your workforce.
- Assist other supervisors and/or Plant Manager in directing the overall operation of the plant, performing special projects as needed.
- Plant productivity, including involvement in goal setting for the plant, and execution of plant production goals.
The perfect person will have:
- B.S. degree in engineering (highly preferred), business management, operations management, supply chain management or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years overall manufacturing experience.
- Ability to be bilingual in Spanish/English.
- Experience in a supervisory or lead role is highly desired, specifically experience in associate development and safety.
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas is required: manufacturing, distribution, raw materials purchasing, inventory planning controls management, sales and customer service.
Some other nice to have’s:
- Working knowledge of all facets of manufacturing including continuous improvement, team building, safety, associate relations, quality, and customer service.
- Good oral and written communication skills and strong leadership skills are required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, problem solve in a fast paced environment and the ability to manage, motivate and train others to achieve required goals.
- Strong computer skills are required.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage with discounted generic prescriptions and wellness incentive program.
- Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing program.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy.
- Various associate engagement activities throughout the year including intramural sports leagues.
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it’s like to work at Scotts MiracleGro by accessing our Talent Network: SMG Talent Network
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, TomCat, Ortho, RoundUp, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.