This position is responsible for the monitoring and operation of plant process equipment used in the manufacturing process. The incumbent evaluates the unit’s operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes and equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production. The incumbent documents various operating parameters and maintains communication with others inside and outside of their department. The incumbent also monitors maintenance activities and performs minor maintenance. This position receives direction from a production supervisor and support from the process specialist, maintenance and technical personnel.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with state and federal environmental regulations.
- Performs their duties in adherence with LYB procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Takes personal leadership role in daily activities, task planning, incident investigations and work performance as they relate to the LYB’s key focus areas of Safety, Environmental, Quality, Reliability, and Cost of operation.
- Responsible for gaining and maintaining process knowledge of the unit and process changes to the unit, to enable effective operation and detection of unusual process conditions; uses knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Responsible for taking ownership of the unit to ensure production rates and right-first-time results are maximized and to ensure the unit is maintained in proper operating condition.
- Responsible for taking readings, utilizing plant data/control systems and observing process conditions on a continual basis to maintain good control of the unit.
- Provides accurate and timely communication to co-workers, and works with other functions to improve individual and unit performance. Provides ideas, raises concerns, and promotes an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
- Responsible for performing minor maintenance on equipment and enters SAP work notifications on equipment in need of maintenance.
- Responsible for placing systems in a safe condition for maintenance work, supporting maintenance activities and communicating status to the shift supervisor and coworkers.
- Expected to serve and participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development and special groups designed to improve the work place environment.
- Participate in the training and skill development of other operations technicians.
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
- Successful candidates for this position must possess all of the following:
- High School diploma or GED.
- The candidate must be willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions. LyondellBasell’ s chemicals plants and refinery are 24-hour, 365 days per year operations.
- The candidate must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts (which may include nights, weekends and some holidays) and provide overtime coverage.
- The candidate must be capable of climbing (scaffolds, towers, vessels, etc.)
- The ability of lifting up to 50 pounds
- The ability to work in a confined space and from elevated platforms
- Able to wear appropriate protective equipment.
- Basic computer skills are a requirement for this position.
- The critical competencies for this position are communication, teamwork, problem solving and decision-making, results orientation, initiative, relationship building, and technological orientation.
- Must possess or obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card prior to first day of employment.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment screening process.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident)
- A two year Associates Degree or two years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing plant, refinery or an industrial environment is preferred but not required.
- Ex-Military, served in the United States Military and received an Honorable DischargeDue to an anticipated large number of applications, candidates are encouraged to apply on-line as early as possible.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell ( www.lyondellbasell.com ) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here .