A global leader in international transport & logistics. Constantly adapting to its customers\’ changing needs, the company has enriched its expertise to become a tier-one supply chain partner and one of the top 10 transport and logistics companies in the world with the largest integrated logistics network in Africa.
- Update of suppliers’ portfolio
- Ensure that all the truckers used by the Group are registered on Link Partners with proper status (spot vs. active).
- Assist the truckers of the perimeter with the referencing process.
- Coordinate the validation of the different concerned department for their parts.
- Ensure correctness of truckers’ rates.
- Market monitoring
- Companies surveillance with the local road departments to identify the potential risks (dependency, receivership, bankruptcy, loss of insurance coverage, bad press, competitor takeover) in order to lead common actions with the concerned departments.
- Market watch with the local road teams to identify new potential trucking companies offering added value to the Group.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and freshness of data.
- Sourcing of additional truckers for new businesses or replacement.
- Link Partners Key User
- Inform support of potential bugs and ensure the tool is in line with market/legal requirements by proposing needed evolution.
- Bring support to tender desk for road freight quotes.
- Manage local truckers’ relationship and negotiations.
- Road Freight Expert
- Re engineering of local transport plans
- Operations Monitoring
- Local relay for the application of the company’s road strategy.
- Analysis of KPI’s and definition of actions plan together with SSC.
- Follow-up on results of defined actions for continuous improvement
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with logistics software, like Freightview and 3PLink
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities