Urban Foods is building an extensive network of hypermarkets, supermarkets and convenience stores across the UAE under a variety of retail banners. Urban Foods operates the Géant, Monoprix, and Franprix brands in the UAE and is dedicated to bringing great food and great service to its customers through a simple philosophy that focuses on satisfying customers by bringing the convenience and buzz of an urban market into their homes – Your market: your home, your way, your rules.
We are currently seeking a Loss & Prevention Supervisor who will be responsible for handling all security related administrative tasks.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who can demonstrate experience as follows: –
- Implementing or monitoring processes to reduce property or financial losses.
- Investigating known or suspected internal/external or vendor fraud.
- Maintaining log reports, inventory lists and catalog information accordingly.
- Collaborating with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes.
- Conducting audits to identify problems or procedural deficiencies.
- Directing work of contract security officers or other loss prevention agents.
- Inspecting buildings, equipment, or access points to determine security risks.
- Maintaining documentation or reports on security-related incidents or investigations.
- Monitoring compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
- Performing covert surveillance of areas susceptible to loss, such loading docks, distribution centers, or warehouses.
- Preparing written reports on investigations.
- Recommending new or improved processes or equipment to reduce risk exposure.
- Training establishment personnel in loss prevention activities.
- Verifying proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms, sensor tag systems, or locks. Apprehend shoplifters in accordance with guidelines.
- Conducting employee background investigations and review reports with operational or human resources managers.
- Coordinating with risk management, human resources, or other departments to assist in company programs, investigations, or training.
- Identifying and reporting safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
- Recommending methods to reduce potential financial fraud losses.
- Responding to critical incidents, such as catastrophic events, violent weather, or civil disorders.
To be considered for this role, candidate must have a minimum 3 years of experience in a similar job profile. The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant degree and have a strong administrative and communication skills.