ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and assemblies. This includes the ability to fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Experience with use of CAD/CAM systems is a plus. Solidworks, Autocad, CamWorks, EZ-Cam as well as Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have a solid foundation of feeds and speeds with various materials – plastics, metals and ceramics.
- Looking for a qualified candidate with 5-10 years experience with use of manual machinery (Mill and Lathe), ProtoTrak controls, as well as CNC equipment. Knowledge of 4-axis machining, Wire EDM, TIG Welding, and sheetmetal forming/bending is a plus.
- Must be capable and willing to change directions quickly.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and with a group.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs., standing for extended periods and occasionally working in a clean room environment.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
Federal and state laws require employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you need any accommodation or assistance with our career site, please contact us at email@example.com.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.