Job no: 503071
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Airline Operations
GET TO KNOW US
Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA) is the largest provider of Fly-In-Fly Out charter services in Western Australia. We have considerable experience operating both Charter and Regular Public Transport (RPT) services to small and remote communities, allowing our guests to experience Virgin Australia’s award-winning product and services across the regional network.
Here at VARA, our people are at the core of everything we do. We have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning and purpose. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to become Australia’s most trusted charter airline.
Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Operations Controllers are integral to the success of the safe and effective functioning of the Virgin Australia Regional Airlines network. Reporting to the Duty Operations Manager, you will be responsible for daily coordination of flight operations/movements and network oversight, proactively managing the impact of disruption. Our Operations Controllers play an important role in the day-to-day crew control and provide exceptional client support for our charter customers.
The role will also include:
- Monitoring aircraft movements and proactively managing disruption
- Load planning for GHA aircraft loading
- Assist flight crews with weight & balance support
- Proactively manage crew resources on day of operations
- Management of charter flight manifests and reporting
- Effective communication to both internal & external stakeholders of delays or other network disruption
LET’S GET TO KNOW YOU
You are motivated and confident in your decisions, you are process driven, yet adaptable and understand that “one size does not fit all”. Your proven resilience, adaptability and consistent drive for “better” will guide you to success in this role.
In addition, you will also have;
- Previous aviation experience incorporating knowledge of Sabre and Geneva
- Flexibility to be available to work a 24 hour, 7-day rotating roster (including weekends & public holidays)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to remain focused in a pressured environment
- Demonstrate Heart, Spirit, Imagination and Collaboration
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
For further information regarding this opportunity, please refer to the below Position Description.
Please click here to view the Position Description
READY FOR YOUR CAREER TO TAKE OFF?
If you enjoy working as part of a close knit, supportive team environment and are looking for your next challenge, this could be the role for you! Virgin Australia offers a dynamic work environment where no two days are the same. Don’t miss the opportunity and submit your application today!
Advertised: 19 Jan 2019 W. Australia Standard Time
Application close: 03 Feb 2019 W. Australia Standard Time