- Permanent position
- Based in Northam
We’re here to help communities thrive.
Your community is our community.
It is the sum of everyone’s different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives that makes ours a strong and inclusive community. We are always seeking fresh new faces. Faces just like yours. Fresh faces wanted.
About the role:
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an Operator. This position is based in Northam which offers a great country style living with all service amenities while still located within 100 kilometres to Perth. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining water supply, sewerage and drainage schemes within the District.
What the role will offer:
- Provides excellent customer service at all times and, within the span of control, ensures that Customer Charter standards are met.
- On direction of Team Leader, conducts job specific pre start meetings and assists with JSA preparation; attends high risk and complex jobs to ensure a safe working environment is being maintained; and participates in investigations.
- Can lead in identifying and addressing safety improvements within the team.
- Ensure water supply and drinking water quality expectations are met by on site operations including basic performance monitoring.
Assists in maintaining business owned properties.
Key skills and experience:
- Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Be available for required rostered overtime and call-out emergencies outside of normal working hours.
- Basic computer skills
- Relevant High Risk Licences
- Knowledge of Gas Chlorination Systems desired
Experience in the repair and maintenance of water supply infrastructure (e.g. pipes, pumps equipment etc)
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close Monday 4th February 2019
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace:
Through our Equity and Diversity Management Plan and People Strategy, Water Corporation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are recognised and valued.
We encourage applications supporting our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women and people with disability.
For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.