- To conduct good work practice in the vineyard and adhere to all Company environmental, quality and OHS&W policies and procedures, conditions of employment, and Equal Opportunity guidelines.
- To carry out the specific tasks allocated throughout the vineyard as directed by the Management team and comply with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To use equipment in a responsible manner including its daily maintenance.
- To attend and contribute all training sessions and site meetings as required by Accolade Wines.
- May be required to travel to other company Vineyards to carry out Vineyard tasks.
- Undertake manual tasks, which may involve use of shovels, crowbars, hoes, secateurs, lifting etc.
- To maintain the Vineyard in a clean and tidy condition.
Key accountabilities include
- Irrigation Maintenance – checking and repair of drip line, mains and submenus, injection of acid, fertiliser and other products as required.
- Irrigation Watering – liaising with the Management team on the water requirements of the vineyard and operation of the automatic or computer system controllers.
- Hand Pruning– Using secateurs and loppers, undertake both cane and spur including pulling out roll and rolling on of canes.
- Mechanical Pruning – competence in the use of various pruning and trimming machinery.
- Pest and Disease Monitoring as required.
- Pest and Disease Control – spraying, fungicide and insecticides on the vines as required. Thus being competent in the handling of chemicals and spray calibration and operation.
- Weed Control – spraying herbicide as directed. Thus being competent in the handling of chemicals and spray unit calibration and operation.
- Tractor Driving – for slashing, spraying, harvesting etc.
- Tractor & Equipment Servicing
- Canopy Management using a mechanical wire lifter.
- Harvester Operation – able to operate the harvesters on the vineyard at a competent level.
- Manual Harvesting – hand picking of grapes, bucket/crate lifting and loading onto transport.
- Crop Estimation, bunch thinning and maturity sampling.
Other accountabilities include
Other duties as requested by management
Essential knowledge and skills are
- Successful completion of learning modules required to achieve a grade 3 level
- 3-5 years practical viticultural, horticultural or agricultural experience
- Appropriate drivers licence to operate machinery
- Chem Cert Certificate
Required experience is
- Experience in harvester operation
- Experience in spray machinery operation
Essential qualifications are
Physical and other requirements
- Manual handling
- Chemical handling
- Working outdoors
- Some heavy lifting may be required
Sound like your kind of drop?
Accolade Wines will provide you with the ideal climate and a hand-picked rewards package for you to make a difference in our successful and growing business.
At Accolade Wines, our name is our motto, so here’s to you… and here’s to your future