SC Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
SC Ports Authority is Hiring!
We are seeking an Industrial Electrician for our Heavy Lift Maintenance Department
Position Title: Heavy Lift Industrial Electrician
Pay Rate: $31/HR
- Provides rapid responses and resolutions to trouble calls while heavy lift equipment is in operation.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance to designated heavy lift equipment and Heavy Lift Maintenance Department equipment in an efficient and proper manner.
- Performs assigned tasks in compliance with applicable safety, hazardous material, and environmental policies, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains high housekeeping standards both during and at the completion of all tasks.
- Completes the training and qualifications in the required time frame to perform Maintenance While Operating (MWO).
- Maintains adequate technical knowledge and skills to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair heavy lift equipment.
- Documents all work activities performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Completes all payroll related records (e.g., labor tickets, leave slips) in a timely and proper manner.
- Assists as necessary in the training of trainees and apprentices.
- Assists as necessary with the installation, testing, and acceptance of new or modified heavy lift equipment.
- Other duties as assigned– This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Functional supervision of trainees and apprentices during training.
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Satisfactorily complete the Trident Technical College Associate in Occupational Technology, Electrician: Automation and Instrumentation Program (or equivalent) OR
- At least one (1) year of experience in an industrial type work environment
- A valid South Carolina driver’s license is required to operate a Ports Authority owned licensed motor vehicle.
- Basic computer skills (e.g., using a computerized maintenance system)
- Basic reading and writing skills (e.g., using a computerized maintenance system) in the English language
- Technical reading and writing skills (e.g., maintenance manuals, prints) in the English language
- Must be capable of standing, walking, and/or sitting for a minimum of eight (8) hours per day.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, and/or kneeling for a minimum of four (4) hours per day.
- Must be capable of climbing stairs and/or ladders over fifteen (15) feet numerous times per day.
- Must be capable of lifting and/or carrying items of not more than fifty (50) pounds for a minimum of eight (8) hours per day.
- Must be capable of lifting items overhead several times per day.
- Must be capable of comfortably working at heights greater than ninety (90) feet.
- Must be capable of working in small (i.e., confining) spaces.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20 in at least one eye.
- Must be capable of hearing spoken (including radio) communications and audible alarms and warning devices.
- Must be capable of speaking clearly for both face-to-face and radio communications.
- Must be capable of wearing required personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hat, reflective vests, hearing protection, fall protection).
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator (for initial hire into the Heavy Lift Maintenance Department only).
- Must be capable of using small hand tools (e.g., screw drivers, wrenches) and power tools (e.g., drills, impact wrenches).
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules that may be in excess of eight (8) hours per day and include early mornings, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Must be reachable when not at work (e.g., have a telephone in the home, have a cell phone).