SprayLine Road Services has long held the mantel of the most innovative maintenance contractor within our industry with most of the road and bridge maintenance techniques employed throughout Victoria invented, developed, improved or refined by SprayLine Road Services.
Responsible for a variety of road and bridge routine maintenance and construction activities including (but not limited to) installation and maintenance of Wire Rope and Guard Rail safety barriers; installation and maintenance of all appropriate informational and regulatory signage; construct and maintain other road side furniture; construction of minor civil works and safety improvements.
- implement Worksite Traffic Management Plans
- Perform network inspection, maintenance and construction tasks and respond to emergencies
- operate and maintain major plant and equipment, including operating technical hardware to upload inspection, hazard and defect data
– perform manual labour- intensive tasks
- perform a variety of road and bridge routine inspection, maintenance and construction activities
- installation and maintenance of Wire Rope and Guard Rail safety barriers
- installation and maintenance of all appropriate informational and regulatory signage
- construct and maintain other road side furniture; construction of minor civil works
- Medium Rigid truck licence
- Current licences and tickets in plant operation; Traffic Management, chainsaw and First Aid.
- Be available for call outs (sometimes at night and weekends) as well as overtime work
- Previous experience in road maintenance or civil construction (preferred)
- Construction Induction Card or equivalent
- Working knowledge of computer tablets / mobile devices
- A strong ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
- Self-motivated with a high level pride in works undertaken
- A strong commitment to OH&S.
- Certificate II or III in Civil Construction would be an advantage
To attract, retain and develop talented people, we provide genuine flexibility, a culture that supports people to be their best and on top of that – great opportunities for career development. We embrace diversity and inclusion and are proud our workforce reflects the community we serve.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Supportive, diverse and inclusive work environment
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Flexible working arrangements and family friendly practices
KA 1. Perform a variety of road and bridge routine inspection, maintenance and construction activities as a cooperative and effective team member. Duties include installation and maintenance of Wire Rope and Guard Rail safety barriers; installation and maintenance of all appropriate informational and regulatory signage; construct and maintain other road side furniture; construction of minor civil works and safety improvements in accordance with best practices and procedures.
KA 2. Under general supervision, operate and maintain major plant and equipment, including the ability to operate technical hardware to upload inspection, hazard and defect data and perform manual labour- intensive tasks in accordance with established safety, environmental and quality procedures.
KA 3. Exercise judgement to implement changes to existing work practices, policies and procedures that will result in business improvements in linewith the business goals.
KA 4. 4. Perform network inspection, maintenance and construction tasks and respond to emergencies under general supervision, while ensuring quality, environmental and safety practices are observed and adhered to at all times.
KA 5. Provide guidance and development of less experienced employees and perform duties in a team environment whilst demonstrating Care, Share, Dare behaviours.
KA 6. Exercise judgement to implement Worksite Traffic Management Plans, seeking advice and escalating issues to the manager or team leader where new or unforeseen issues cannot be resolved independently orBy the work crew.
KC 1. Ability to operate various major plant and equipment safely and efficiently and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
KC 2. Ability to undertake road, bridge inspection, maintenance and construction activities and respond to emergency response situations in a safe manner under general supervision.
KC 3. Ability to efficiently complete work in accordance with key performance measures in the most effective manner while ensuring safety practices are observed at all times.
KC 4. Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of and comply with vicroads Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures including Safe Operating Procedures, Safe Work Method Statements and Traffic Management Plans at all times.
KC 5. Demonstrates public sector professionalism and probity, by adopting a principled approach and demonstrates behaviours that align with VicRoads culture of Care Share Dare.
KC 6. Demonstrates self-awareness and a commitment to personal development by actively seeking constructive feedback from your manager through monthly one to one meetings to achieve improved business outcomes.
PR 1. Experience relevant to the capabilities of the role. Ability to work from either of the 3 SRS MRAMS depots and travel and work across metropolitan and regional Victoria, outside normal working hours and / or with a requirement to work away from home for extended periods, as reasonably required
PR 2. Traffic Management ticket, First Aid certificate, Construction induction card, MR licence mandatory