Nalco Champion, an Ecolab company, brings a combined history of research, development, and engineering (RD&E) leadership, a passion for customer service, and delivering proven results. Together, we partner with customers to develop customized solutions and supply chain support. Our combined expertise provides enhanced RD&E capability to develop unique, targeted products and solutions to meet customer needs, and to optimize production, reducing total cost of operations.
The Production Chemist is responsible for hands-on involvement in laboratory-based services, analysis and investigations. Your main responsibilities will include:
- 2 x 2 off rotational roster, North West Shelf, Western Australia
- Provide “hands-on” involvement in laboratory-based services, expertise, analysis and investigations
- Routine monitoring for troubleshooting, determining the effects of chemical and treatments, process modifications or various environmental and health issues
- Single point contact to take on and manage key responsibilities from the operations teams (allowing operations to focus on their key roles/ responsibilities)
- Improves and optimize sampling and analysis plans developed for the facilities which will allow greater understanding of system performance and surveillance
- Develop and maintain sampling, data management/reporting and laboratory operational programs as required ensuring internal client and external auditing compliance
- Conduct surveillance on all production and laboratory/data management systems, provide detailed reports and findings and make recommendations for improvement as required
- Improve quality of analysis results to provide more confidence all systems are effectively maintained, improved reporting, visibility and actions taken from the analysis conducted.
- Compliance with integrity envelopes and process optimization
- Training of offshore personnel & competency
- Calibration of laboratory equipment, ordering / maintaining stocks of consumable laboratory items
- Ensure the correct application of process chemical treatments including the definition of required injection rates according to the production and treatment plans, liaising closely with key stakeholders
- Carry out chemical rate checks, stock control and reordering as well as daily consumption data gathering
- Liaising with production to forecast changes in consumption;
- To work safely avoiding any unsafe acts that could injure themselves, others or the environment.
- Manage process optimisation to the operations team needs;
- Provision of first line technical support and trouble-shooting regarding chemical treatment and process issues and reporting issues to offshore and onshore supervision;
- Participate in chemical risk evaluations and provide advice on working with process chemicals;
- Identify, support and implement key value and continuous improvement projects
- Chemical Awareness/ HSEQ training support with regards to chemical management
- Chemical health checks (WMS requirements)/ Laboratory audits & compliance
Key Skills/Qualifications required:
- An individual qualified to degree level or equivalent in a scientific discipline.
- 3 – 5 years minimum relevant industry experience in production chemistry laboratory and offshore oil, gas and FPSO operations
- Excellent people skills, and presentation skills,
- Can work autonomously
- Data Management; capturing, interpretation and presentation of data
- Offshore Medical and Survival Certification.
- Mandatory and Optional Training derived from Nalco Champion training and Responsible Care Matrices within the time frame stipulated.
- Customer specific training as deemed appropriate.
At Ecolab, we are dedicated to ensuring our associates are provided with an environment geared toward the recognition of achievement, growth, safety and well-being. We also offer our associates opportunities to participate in Ecolab stock ownership, health and well-being subsidies, study subsidies, product and service discounts, and the opportunity to champion community activity programs.
Ecolab is an Equal Opportunity Employer, supporting a diverse work environment to drive innovation and growth.