As part of a team, you will assist with the efficient delivery of the construction, maintenance and operation of public assets throughout the Shire.
Council’s asset maintenance team delivers civil works including:
- Sealed road construction, repairs and sealing
- Unsealed road maintenance and repairs
- Roadside vegetation maintenance
- Bridge maintenance and repairs
- Maintenance and repairs to other public assets including signage, tracks and trails
What are we looking for?
In addition to your relevant industry experience, you will have an enthusiastic personality who can work within a team to achieve great outcomes. You will also have good communication skills, excellent customer service skills and the ability to use technology such as iPads and email in the course of your work.
You will also have:
- Driver licence
- Police check clearance
- Heavy Combination licence
- Operate and maintain chainsaws (AHCMOM213) (desirable)
- Prepare to work safely in construction industry (CPCCWHS1001) (desirable)
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) (desirable)
- Accredited Competency Certificates for operating earthmoving machinery (desirable)
A stunning location
Alpine Shire is a truly exceptional part of the world. A premier adventure destination, world class mountain bike trails, downhill and cross country skiing, and experiences such as gliding, rock climbing, rafting and so much more are readily accessible in the Alpine Shire. Of course, if you’re more into food, wine and cultural experiences we have all of that too!
- Full-time fixed term position (until May 2019)
- Located in Bright/Myrtleford
- Contact Rory Hazeldine, Civil Works Coordinator, 0408 574 337