Rescue Workshop Technician, Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW)
1 x Ongoing Full Time and 1 x Temporary Full Time up to June 2019
Grade: Fitter & or Machinist
Salary: $1012.60 pw plus $32.30 pw Tool Allowance
Closing date: 24 February 2019
- Free on-site gym and car parking
- Team environment
- Partnership with Fitness Passport for ongoing staff and their families to access more than 390 gyms and pools at a discounted rate
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Rostered days off
- NSW Government conditions of employment
Who we are
Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and on the economy of NSW. Our capabilities extend far beyond fighting fires. FRNSW firefighters are among the most highly trained in the world. Our teams provide fire prevention, they respond to hazardous materials incidents, natural disasters and medical emergencies. Our teams also undertake counter terrorism and urban search and rescue operations. We are prepared for anything – helping anyone, anywhere, anytime.
About the role
FRNSW has an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to service, maintain and repair FRNSW equipment used on appliances and at emergency incidents to ensure operational effectiveness.
For role specific enquiries, please contact Grant Rice on 0418 437 656
Please click here to view the role description
Study Assistance for approved courses, Leadership development programs, Training and development
Our commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life and at Fire and Rescue NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community we serve.
Applying for the Role
Apply by answering the two targeted questions, complete a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant skills and experience.
1. This role will undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair of specialised equipment. Provide an example of how you work collaboratively with others to ensure your participation in the team contributes to meeting deadlines in a high volume work environment.
2. This role will service and repair hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, provide information on causes of damage to equipment as well as contribute to research into the improvement of usage and/or stowage to prevent damage where possible. Describe your capability in this area and how you would identify and resolve issues that may hinder completion of tasks.
For information to complete the application and respond to the targeted capability-based questions link to http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/the-recruitment-process.
For any technical assistance in submitting your application via ‘I work for NSW’ please contact ‘I Work for Support’ on 1800 562 679.
Fire and Rescue NSW is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, Cultural Diversity and ethical work practices. If you are speech or hearing impaired, have access requirements that require reasonable adjustment in the assessment process, require access to information about this vacancy in a different format or would like to discuss the possibility of flexible work arrangements in this role, please contact Grant Rice.